The 23rd annual international workshop on cellular automata and discrete complex systems AUTOMATA 2017 will take place on June 7-9 in Milan, Italy.
- Extended submission deadline:
February 8, 2017 February 19, 2017 (extended)
- Notification of acceptance:
March 15, 2017March 18, 2017
- Final versions: March 25, 2017
- Exploratory papers deadline: May 3, 2017
- Exploratory papers notification: May 10, 2017
- Early registration for full paper author: March 25, 2017
- Early registration for exploratory paper author/other participants: May 15, 2017
- AUTOMATA 2017: June 7-9, 2017
Eric Goles, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Chile
Adrien Richard, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
Ville Salo, University of Turku, Finland
Authors are invited to submit papers of no more than 12 pages (for full papers) or 8 pages (for exploratory papers) via the EasyChair system at
Accepted full papers will appear in the proceedings published by Springer in the LNCS series.
At least one author per accepted paper has to register. LNCS full papers must have a registered author with paid fees by March 25th.
Journal special issue
It is planned that extended version of some selected papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of Information and Computation (Elsevier).
About the Conference
AUTOMATA 2017 is the twenty-third workshop in a series of events established in 1995. These workshops aim:
- To establish and maintain a permanent, international, multidisciplinary forum for the collaboration of researchers in the field of Cellular Automata (CA) and Discrete Complex Systems (DCS).
- To provide a platform for presenting and discussing new ideas and results.
- To support the development of theory and applications of CA and DCS (e.g. parallel computing, physics, biology, social sciences, and others) as long as fundamental aspects and their relations are concerned.
- To identify and study within an inter- and multidisciplinary context, the important fundamental aspects, concepts, notions and problems concerning CA and DCS.
The AUTOMATA series is the official annual event of IFIP WG 1.5, the Working Group 5 (on Cellular Automata and Discrete Complex Systems), of the Technical Committee 1 (on Foundations of Computer Science), of the International Federation of Information Processing.